Exactly 2 weeks ago I received a shocking call from my mom telling me about our family's business The Bronze Horse, an art foundry, my grandpa started 32 years ago was burned to ashes.
Every time I see pictures of the damage tears swell. I have so many memories visiting my dad, grandma, and grandpa at work when I was little.
In August I was taking advantage of the fax machine...you know desperately sending out my resume and snapped a pic of this photo hanging in the office. It was taken a looong time ago for a magazine article written about the foundry. I am so thankful that even though it's not the greatest pic, I have it because SO SO many one of a kind things are now gone... forever. Fires are crazy like that.
During my last visit to the Bronze Horse, I was "helping" Cameron pour a wax mold on one of his pieces. I take my work very seriously as you can see!
Pouring wax molds is hot, messy work! This wax area was actually the cause of the fire.
It's devastating to think that artists' work, that they spent many months perfecting, is gone.
My talented brother, Cameron, working on his oil rig bronze.
This part of the foundry wasn't destroyed by the fire, but it is severely damaged from the smoke, heat, and water.
It's weird to think about how everything will change now! I just pray it all changes for the best!
Fortunately, our family has never had to experience a loss due to a fire before. And I'm ever. so. grateful that no one was hurt and I still have my whole family alive and healthy!